Are you ready to win the first 5 volumes of Invincible? What’s that? You’ve never heard of it? Well it’s a wonderful title from written by none other than Robert Kirkman (walking dead) and produced by the greatest comic book company around, Image Comics.
If you’d like to see more of Invincible, you can read the entire first issue online at imagecomics.com.
Image Comics was kind enough to donate the goods for this contest, and for that I am very grateful. The people at Image are the nicest I’ve ever spoken to. Their customer care rivals that of Apple… they didn’t even ask for anything in return, so I’m giving them this shout out for free.
The idea of this contest is simply to entertain me. I don’t believe in placing too many restrictions on creativity as it tends to stifle it, but here are the guidelines to follow:
- Must be an original work
- The thing you submit must come from your own mind.
- Must be comic book (or web comic or comic strip) related
- Tie in the idea or theme of your submission with comic books since this is a comic book website.
- You may be from anywhere
- Absolutely anyone can participate in this contest.
- Anything goes
- See below for some general idea.
- I get to display your submission regardless of you winning or losing the contest
- I have the right to display your submission on my site, however I may not sell or reproduce your work to make money. It’s yours to keep, but mine to display here, regardless of context.
- Must be in digital format
- Since you’ll be submitting this thing to my email address it will need to be digital. If you have something that can’t be submitted via email, then contact me and we’ll work something out… maybe.
That’s it… simple right? Perhaps you’re still a bit confused… exactly what are you supposed to be submitting? Absolutely anything. Here are some ideas:
- A drawing.
- A photo.
- A comic.
- A fan film
- Or anything else comic book related.
How to win
The winner will be chosen by myself. If you want to win, make your submission either funny, shocking, exciting, interesting or some other entertaining adjective. Wear a Batman costume to a funeral and get a picture or write an amazing script for your favorite monthly title… the choice is yours, but the winning decision is mine.
This contest will end on January 31, 2006 at 11:59pm Central Standard time. That gives you lots of time to come up with something cool to wow me with. Now get busy!
Send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “contest”. Any questions can be sent here as well.
Update: I forgot to mention one thing… enter as many times as you like. If you just can’t decide which photo is funnier or which drawing is better, submit them both, but please do so in separate emails.
7 responses to “Win an entire set of Invicible comics”
Wow, this is a cool contest. I just might enter something about Superman if I can come up with something witty enough. This would be a nice extra-curricular activity for me.
[…] The second contest is for an entire set of invincible comics. You can read up on that contest at Freak Comics. […]
Looks fun, I might contribute something and hope it inspires. Sounds to me like you’re just asking for a bunch of deviant-art kids to submit something though.
Chris: you should go to a client meeting as Superman and video tape it.
Ahmed: anything goes, deviant or typical.
[…] I’ll keep you updated on this and other events, including the results contest, as they happen. More reviews, rants and observations on the way, so stay tuned. […]
Ah yes, I figured I’d need to address this sooner or later… check back later for an official post on the situation of this failed contest.