TokyoPop is running their sixth Rising Stars of Manga Competition.
In order to enter you must write and illustrate an original manga (Japanese comic). Here is a brief run down of the rules:
- Must be your original creation (or others who jointly enter the contest with you).
- Has not been published or publicly displayed elsewhere.
- Is a self-contained English-language story running at least 15 pages but no more than 20 pages in length.
- Begins with a separate title page that includes only the printed title of your manga, your name (and the name of any others who are jointly making the entry with you), and total number of pages of the manga. Do not include any artwork on the title page and do not submit a cover.
- Meets all requirements in TOKYOPOPâ€™s entry specifications, which you may read and download at http://www.tokyopop.com/rsom/.
You also have to be a legal resident of the 50 United States, Washington D.C., or Puerto Rico, can’t have won a previous TokyoPop manga contest, and can only submit one entry.
The contest will run from July 2, 2005 to January 13, 2006. The grand prize is $2,500.
One response to “TokyoPop manga contest”
Freak Comics: weblog a…